Monday 4 January 2010

Here are some pics of my 1955 650 6T Triumph Thunderbird, which was going to be the basis of long-planned bobber, but then I realised there might be a bit too much of the original left, so decided to restore it to original and flog it on. Having some trouble sourcing all the missing bits, but ebay has been kind, and a 60 mile round trip to the Taunton autojumble netted me frostbite, an alternator cover and a nacelle top. Still thinking of using the 500 triumph bits that came with the bike as a basis for the bobber. The recession has put paid to my house renovation activities for the time being, so I'm going to follow the dream before it's too late and try to make a living doing up and flogging classics. I Had a heart attack two years ago and clinically died three times in one night, so I'm fully aware life ain't a rehearsal, and if it makes you happy, go for it. Whether it'll make me a living remains to be seen, but I intend to give it my best shot. I have been working out of a rented garage with no power or light, and my lovely garden shed which is down 5 flights of steps, but have now decided to go for a proper workshop, on the level, with power and everything! Going to look at a possible contender tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment