Monday 7 June 2010

Blah blah blah
















Now I'm actually here on I'm on a roll, so more blathering follows....Off to Eire on Wednesday. Better half flew out to Dublin for work on Saturday, and I'm getting the Holyhead - Dublin ferry with the Yam and meeting her there. 2 nights in Dublin, a night in Cashel, then down to Caherdaniel on the Ring of Kerry. Thats (one of) the great things about the "missus", she's bang up for biking holidays, as long as I don't mind some long scenic walks when we get there. As long as "there" has a pub, I can cope with that! In the last few years we've done both sides of the Pyrenees and numerous french trips, and that does my soul a lot more good than two weeks on a sunlounger.....Course, cos she went on Saturday, I HAD to go out, see a band, get totally ratarsed, and woke up on the sofa wearing a kebab.....yes, babe I had a nice quiet night, couple of pints....ahem. Spent most of today ripping the T bird apart, which proved surprisingly easy, there was so much oil on it, NOTHING was seized, and it yeilded a surprising amount of useful bits, including both original stamped number plates in lovely patina condition. One muppet who came to see the Golden Flash (gleaming apart from nice old plate), said "Oh, thats a pity, have to change that". What a fucking Idiot. That plate has been on the bike since 1952, probably left the shop with it on, and this TWAT wants to change it because "it lets the bike down".......words fail me. Amazed at how many people came to see the scruffy little Honda 125 I had on ebay. All very earnest fans of Soichiro's smaller products....takes all sorts I guess. A common refrain was " I had one when I was young".....well, so did I, but like acne and virginity, I wouldn't want to repeat the experience....Greasy Kulture, Dice, Milkcow and Old Bike Mart arrived this week, so I have spent an inordinate amount of time on the shitter, and now learn that Dirty Bobbers are launching a Mag......Christ, have to start going to bed earlier. Also bought a couple of books this week: Cafe Racers of the 1960's by Mick walker, and The Cafe Racer Phenomenon, a Veloce book...do you see a thread emerging here? I'm still a laid back bobbery type at heart, but swept back pipes clip ons, megas and bumpstop seats get me moist an all. The T Bird thats just come in had it's front plate screwed to the nacelle rocker stylee and a broken tank badge, sure sign of a tumble with clip ons fitted....what stories they could tell. Also this week had Docker Dave's Trike in for a pre MOT, and Dogger Dave's CBX for a visit. Dogger is a legend who is disappointed at 69 that his Hyabusa won't crack the double ton. Allegedly invented "Dogging" in Devon?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment